Thank you for contacting NaNoWriMo.
We especially thank you for contacting us with an “urgent” question on October 30th. As you guessed, we have loads of free time to respond to random inquiries two days before November.
You asked if you can still participate in NaNoWriMo even though:
- You already started your novel.
- You don’t plan to finish until spring.
- You don’t have a word count goal because “goals stress you out” due to parental pressures during childhood.
- You don’t want to paste your novel into the validator because you’re concerned that we will “steal” your unfinished, Michael-Cohen-themed (??) romance novel before you can sell it for untold riches.
- You’re against randomly drawn prizes because they “undermine the popular understanding of probability” and “normalize playing the lottery” which you oppose on moral and mathematical grounds.
So, with you declining to participate in every other aspect of the event, that leaves:
- Seeking validation on Twitter for writing literally anything during November.
To answer your question, yes. You may “participate” in NaNoWriMo. We already blocked you on social media, so don’t hold back on our account.